Liderkit has presented last week its new highly effective germicidal patent, granted by the Spanish Patent and Trademark Office. It is an innovative treatment focused on the decontamination and disinfection of bodies that transport goods, such as medicines, health products or food, among others.
This solution has been elaborated by the Liderkit R&D department in collaboration with researchers from the University of Jaén. It is an exclusive national and international patent. A commitment acquired by Liderkit facing the current situation that all the countries of the world are living to offer their grain of sand among the different solutions that are being developed in all the productive sectors to alleviate this situation and health emergency.
Therefore, in addition to the additive gel-coat with which the bodies are treated, with the aim of increasing the biocidal property of the additive polyester, this system uses a short-wave ultraviolet light, known as UV-C, which is completely absorbed by the oxygen and ozone in the atmosphere.
Another of the main advantages of the new Liderkit system is the low cost of this innovation, which does not require accessory installations. Moreover, as it is a light product, it leads to considerable fuel savings since the weight of the loading is almost not increasing. This treatment is conceived from the beginning as an eco-friendly product, respectful with the environment and ecological.
How do you inert a viruses and bacteria?
- The cell nucleus of the microorganisms( bacteria and viruses) contains some thymine, a chemical element of DNA / RNA. This element absorbs the UV-C light at a specific wavelength of 253.7 nm and modifies it to such an extent (formation of thymine dimers) that the cell is no longer able to multiply and survive.
- UV-C light (253.7nm) penetrates the cell wall of the microorganism and the high-energy photons from UV-C rays are absorbed by cellular proteins and DNA / RNA.
- UV-C light damages the protein structure, causing metabolic disturbance.
- DNA / RNA is chemically altered, so organisms can no longer replicate.
- Organisms are unable to metabolize and replicate, CANNOT cause disease or deterioration
How much UVc do we need to apply on our polyester to destroy microorganisms?
For a Boxbody of about 20 m3, settings to remove 99% of microorganism would be:
- 36w UVc light installation.
- Disinfection time: 8 minutes.
- UVc irradiation is harmful to human exposure (a presence sensor has to be installed).
- Installation of internal light for independent display
For bodies bigger than 20 m3, place two 36w devices.
Click here to download a complete presentation where you can find more detailed information about the qualities of the new Liderkit research
One of the most outstanding characteristics of Liderkit, a leading company in the national and international market in the manufacture of bodykit for trucks with more than 50 years of experience in the sector, is to facilitate the innovation of its products to its customers, that is, to bring its innovations closer directly to the user by creating a product designed and directed especially to the consumer without the need to carry out large investments for its application.
In addition, another advantage of its product is its versatility, as well as its fast assembly and its high quality standards, which makes it very economical, reliable, durable and competitive in any market in the world.