A cookie is a file that is downloaded onto your computer when you access certain websites. Among other things, cookies allow a website to store and recover information on the browsing habits of a user or their device. Depending on the information contained and the manner in which the user employs their device, they may be used to recognize the user.
Cookies are essential for the proper operation of the Internet, and they provide innumerable advantages in the provision of interactive services, making browsing and using our website easier to use.
The information provided below will help you to understand the different types of cookies:
Types of Cookies
ACCORDING TO THE ENTITY THAT MANAGES THEM
- Own cookies: These cookies are gathered by the website publisher themselves, in order to provide the service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: These cookies are gathered and managed by a third party, and cannot be considered our own cookies.
ACCORDING TO THE AMOUNT OF TIME THEY REMAIN ACTIVE
- Session cookies: These collect information for as long as the user browses the webpage, in order to provide the requested service.
- Persistent cookies: These are stored in the terminal, and the information obtained will be used by the entity in charge of the cookie to provide the requested service.
ACCORDING TO THEIR PURPOSE
- Technical cookies: These are needed for correct web browsing.
- Customization cookies: These allow the user to choose certain features (e.g. language) during their browsing of the website.
- Analytical cookies: These allow the provider of a service to associate browsing behaviour with a user, in order to understand their use of the webpage and to analyse statistics on the most-visited content, number of visitors, etc.
- Advertising cookies: These allow the website publisher to include advertisements on their webpage that are adapted to its content.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These allow the website publisher to include advertisements on their webpage that are adapted to the information obtained on the user’s browsing habits.
According to what is established in Article 22.2 of Law 34/2002, of June 11,on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce (LSSI-CE), LIDERKIT SL must inform users of the cookies used on our website:
|PHPSESSID||Cookie generated by applications based on the PHP language. This is a general purpose identifier used to maintain user session variables.|
|_ga||This cookie name is asssociated with Google Universal Analytics – which is a significant update to Google’s more commonly used analytics service. This cookie is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports. By default it is set to expire after 2 years, although this is customisable by website owners.|
|_gat||This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics, according to documentation it is used to throttle the request rate – limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites. It expires after 10 minutes.|
|_gid||This cookie name is asssociated with Google Universal Analytics. This appears to be a new cookie and as of Spring 2017 no information is available from Google. It appears to store and update a unique value for each page visited.|
|_icl_current_language||This cookie name is associated with a WordPress multilingual plug-in from WPML. It stores a language value for the website. Where the cookie is set in response to a user action or request, and as long as it has a short lifespan, it can be treated as strictly necessary.|
|g1_preheader_open_on_startup||Web header cookie.|
In addition, LIDERKIT SL informs users that they have the option of configuring their browser so that they are informed of the reception of cookies, allowing them to prevent these cookies from being installed on their hard drive if they wish.
Below, we provide links for different browsers that can be used to complete this configuration:
- For Firefox, click here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- For Chrome, click here: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- For Explorer, click here: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10
- For Safari, click here: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph17191?locale=en_US
- For Opera, click here: https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/